If you can understand the past, you can shape your future. Many things have occurred and we unaware of it. So here we are, presenting you what today i
If you can understand the past, you can shape your future. Many things have occurred and we unaware of it. So here we are, presenting you what today is known for.
- 1781-Los Angeles is founded
Los Angeles was founded in 1781 by Mexican families of Sonora. After which the Spanish government of California named this settlement. It is both hilly as well as flat, with the highest mount of the city known as Mount Lukens. Now it has more than 40 lacs of the population presently. The city covers the perimeter od 550 km.
- 1888- George Eastman patents the first roll-film camera & registers “Kodak”.
After discovering the first roll film camera, George Eastman named it “Kodak”.Later, the first camera was sold itself 1888 in a leather box. It had the capacity to take a maximum of 100 numbers of pictures on one roll and was an advanced and more technologized one comparing the previous cameras.
- 1998- Google is formally incorporated by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, two students at Stanford University
While being a Ph.D. student at Stanford University in California, Larry Page and Sergey Brin founded Google in September 1998. They owned 56% of the voting power holding 14% of its shares. Later Sundar Pichai was appointed as the CEO of Google as Larry page became the CEO of Alphabet.
- 2016-Mother Teresa canonized by Pope Francis in a ceremony at the Vatican
In the ceremony held at St. Peter’s Square on Sunday, the Indian nun Mariam Thresia along with four other nuns was declared as saints by Pope Francis. In 1950, Mother Teresa founded the Missionaries of Charity, which was active in more than 130 countries involving 4000+ nuns.
- 1972-Mark Spitz becomes 1st athlete to win 7 Olympic gold medals at a single Games
Mark Andrew Spitz is an American Swimmer and nine – times Olympic champion. He became the most successful athlete at the 1972 Olympics, winning seven gold medals in world time record. He was the third athlete to win nine Olympic gold medals.
- 1813-First US religious newspaper – Christian Observer
- 1885-1st cafeteria opens (NYC)
- 1922 Finnish super athlete Paavo Nurmi runs a 2000m world record 5:26.3 in Tampere, Finland
- 2018-Amazon becomes America’s second trillion-dollar company