Originated in ancient India, Yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices. It is more important than physical exercise and has both physical and mental benefits. The practice of yoga unites the human spirit with the Divine spirit. It provides a sense of peace and takes you to a world of liberation. It is the technique of controlling the body and mind. Yoga is not only about exercises with numerous physical activities. But, starting from asanas to some breathing exercises and thereon ending with a period of relaxation or meditation, it is a whole experience.
Modern Yoga has been created by blending the Western styles of Gymnastics with yogic postures from Indian history. Today, its practice has developed into a multi-billion dollar business worldwide. Many people around the world run businesses related to books, clothing, equipment, videos, and classes for Yoga.
June 21 is when we celebrate International Yoga Day. UNESCO listed Yoga as an intangible cultural heritage on December 1, 2016. As a result, the impact of postural yoga on physical and mental health has been a topic of systematic studies, with evidence that regular practice yields benefits for low back pain and stress.
Benefits of Yoga
It reaps many multi-dimensional benefits. Let us have a quick read about its benefits:
- Cardio-vascular benefits: Maintains a healthy heart and normal blood pressure
- Keeps away joints and muscular pain: Helps in curing joints pain, like knee pain and muscular suffering
- Lowers stress and tension: The physical activities involved help your body by reducing stress. It relaxes your mind and body.
- Reduces physical tiredness: Try yogic postures when you are tired or just try to meditate. It will definitely make you feel relaxed and your tiredness will vanish away.
- Also, helps in staying fit
So, if you have not tried it in your life ever, today is the day. It is not a difficult or professional activity. Once you start, you will automatically feel the magic flowing through your body.