Sexual problems occur in many men and are known as sexual dysfunction. Health, depression, stress, relationship problems, and other issues lead to these problems. Many men have some sort of difficulty during sex. It is also an important part of a couple’s foundation it contributes to the quality of life. Sexual disorder in men is very common and affects sexual health. A sexual problem is the inability to have a satisfactory sexual relationship. But, we can treat and improve sexual problems. Medications, depression, and high blood pressure drugs can also affect sex. Unhealthy lifestyles such as smoking, drinking a lot of alcohol, and many other unhealthy issues lead to sexual problems. But by doing regular exercise, weight loss, and stress management could improve sex life.
Causes and Treatment
Men may experience problems at different points during sex, such as:
- Lack of sexual desire: Lack of sexual desire, sexual fantasies, or interest in sexual contact may create problems for men during sex
- Inability to get or keep an erection: Men may experience an inability to have or maintain any erection also create sexual problems for them
- Inability to have orgasms: men who can not reach orgasm during sex lead to despite substantial sexual stimulation
- Masturbation: Some men achieve orgasm only during masturbation or doing oral sex due to which affects their sexual health
- Control of timing: If difficulty occurs in controlling the timing of orgasm and ejaculation, at very early in sexual contact, leads to leaving the other partner dissatisfied
- Bloody ejaculation: Bloody ejaculation also occurs in some men, it is frightening but not serious
- Period of stimulation: Men achieve orgasms only after an unusually long period of stimulation creates problem during sex
Treatment can be done for the sexual problems in men, such as:
- By modifying lifestyle: Regular exercise, changes in diet, by quitting smoking and drinking a lot of alcohol
- Medications: Take proper medicines after consultation with a doctor.
- Surgery: vascular surgery can be helpful in correcting the blood flow in the penis to get an erection.
- Injection therapies: Injection therapies are often used when oral therapies do not work.
- Sex education: Sex education is very important, it tells many relaxation techniques to get sexual satisfaction without ejaculation.
- Psychological counseling: Sexual problems leads to mental depression, anxiety, and many more. So for addressing mental health issues psychological counseling is important.
- Other treatments: Try to communicate with your partner to establish a connection and building a strong relationship to get sexual satisfaction.
Sexual problems are common among men of all ages. Mental and physical well-being cause these. They may also happen due to relationship satisfaction. It affects their quality of life. The study says that the problem is common among men, and increases with their age. It also affects physical health such as heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, anxiety, and depression. Sexual problems in men are as important as other health issues. But, discussing these problems is still taboo in society. They do not even discuss this problem with the doctor and which affects their health badly. By dealing with all these problems at an early stage can prevent and improve their quality of life.