The coronavirus pandemic has made a huge effect on our lives as well as the economy. Meanwhile, people are stuck in their house, unable to make contact with anyone. Similarly, many people are facing the fear of losing their job or losing their academic year. This fear and loneliness are contributing to poor mental health. As people are dealing with their stress alone, it has caused depression and anxiety issues. In this situation, people are trying to seek help from the therapist and doctors regarding their anxiety and depression. But the terror of covid has made people avoid social gatherings. They are afraid to step out of their house which is also acceptable. Nevertheless, you can not ignore your mental health due to covid, can you? Well, in this scenario, telehealth can be the solution you are looking for.
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is a technological development for those people who face challenges and difficulties in visiting doctors. In other words, now you do not need to rush to the medical. Now the patients can take counseling from the therapist or the physicians from their home using the phone, laptop, or other technology. One can simply contact their health provider and along with the help of a patient portal the person can get an email from his/her doctor. In addition to that, some doctors will let you book a virtual appointment through a phone call or video call. So you can talk to your doctor through audio and video conferences.
Furthermore, telehealth has been helping to address mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, and so on. Thereupon, you can now talk to your therapist by staying safe at home. Meanwhile, telehealth will help you to monitor and improve your health issues as well.
Why choose telehealth?
The covid pandemic has made us realize the value and importance of staying safe. Furthermore, telehealth has grown more popular during this pandemic. Know why telehealth is the right choice for you in this pandemic-
- Convenience and comfort: With the use of telehealth, one does not need to rush to the clinic. You can stay in your comfort zone aka your home and get access to your therapist. Additionally, the virtual visit also helps to fit into your schedule.
- Money & Time saving: As there is no need of going to see the doctor physically, it also helps you save money. Moreover, you can take the counseling from your home or workplace so you can save the time that would have taken to rush to the hospital. Additionally, there is no need to stand in the line waiting for your reports or medicine.
- Less chance of spreading the virus: As with telehealth one does not need to visit the clinic physically, there is no chance of coming into contact with the covid virus. Meanwhile, this could be the best reason for choosing telehealth that it offers you safety. We all are aware of how important it is to maintain social distancing during this pandemic.
- Lower cost: Visiting a therapist in person can be expensive. Thereupon many people even leave their treatment in between. On the other hand, telehealth appointments cost less than visiting a therapist in real life.
- Emergency psychiatric care: Because of all the stress and the pandemic going on right now, people are having mental health emergencies more than before. Moreover, this includes sudden panic attacks and thoughts of self-harm too. In this scenario, one can quickly connect to a therapist any time of the day or night with the help of telehealth.
Your doctor is just one call away
Due to the pandemic, people are facing many challenges that become stressful and overwhelming to us. Meanwhile, some people were already facing mental health issues and the covid made it worse. Now people prefer to maintain their safety and do their work from home. Along with that, there are many rural areas where getting access to medical care is not an easy task. Furthermore, in this crucial situation, telehealth has come out to be helpful for people.
At the current time, approximately 76 percent of hospitals in the USA are connecting patients and doctors via telehealth. Nevertheless, we can not deny the fact that covid have brought many changes and because of this, telehealth became more widely available. It not only makes connecting with your therapist easier but also helps you monitor your health easily. For more information, get in touch with Teledoc Plans.