How many times have you canceled your vacation plan because you cannot leave your pet alone at home? Many times might have to cancel your plan for a vacation, just because of constant anxiety about the well-being of your pet. There are many people who do not want to leave their pets behind at home while traveling.
While planning for a trip, many questions come to the mind of a pet owner. How would we manage to take him along? Things would become more difficult! We have to take special care of its health, food, and well-being. And, at last, the common answer to these is “NO TRAVELING”. You just skip the plan and let the vacations go blank.
Here is the answer to all your questions and confusion about traveling with your pet. All you need to follow while taking your pet along with you to travel.
While traveling by Car:
Have you ever been in a situation when you cancel your long drive or any trip just because of your pet? While traveling by car, you must be concerned about your pet’s well-being. Aren’t you? Taking your pet in a car may prove to be even risky. Do you know what could be the best place for your pet in your car while traveling? Well, we have listed some precautions which you can keep in check while taking your pet along:
- They should be safely placed in a crate, anchored to the vehicle using a seat belt or other secure means. Stop them from roaming in the car. This will not distract the driver, otherwise, it might increase the chances of crashing.
- If you own a cat, then keep them safe in the car while traveling. As most of the cats are uncomfortable traveling in a car, so keep them in a carrier. Restrain these carriers in the car so that they do not bounce or displace.
- Always keep your pet in the back seat of the car. Leave the passenger seat for humans. Also, keeping your pet on the passenger seat might cause them injury.
- Your pets should be kept inside the car safely. Do not allow them to stick their heads out of the window. Allowing this, might injure them with debris particles or can make them sick by having cold air being forced into their lungs.
- Always keep one thing on the priority that you should have frequent stops to allow your pets to exercise. But never allow your pet to move out of the car without its leash.
While traveling through an Airplane:
Have you ever thought about taking your pet along with you on an airplane? While booking your air tickets, you have to think about your pets. Traveling through the air could be risky for your pets. Consider all the factors while taking your pet along in air travel.
- Ask the airline if they would allow you to take your small pet in the cabin with you.
- Always enquire if the airline contains any special pet health or immunization requirements.
- Ask if the airline has any restrictions on transporting your pet in the cargo hold.
- Some airlines require a certain type of carrier, either soft-sided or hard-sided. Ensure them once before booking your tickets.
- Study the performance record of the airline before opting to take your pet along in a cargo hold. Due to excessively hot or cold temperatures or bad ventilation, some animals are injured or lost.
The following tips might help you while taking your pet along by air:
- Avoid the mistakes that take place during the airline transfers. So, always try to use Direct Flights.
- Always affix the identification on your pet’s collar which should contain all the necessary details which would help others to identify its owner or home.
- Always make sure that the nails of your pet are perfectly trimmed. This would protect them from getting hooked anywhere.
- Make sure that you do not feed your pet for four to six hours before the trip.
- As you arrive at your destination, detach the carrier as soon as possible and examine your fur-friend properly.
Some common tips to keep in mind:
There are certain rules which you have to keep in mind when traveling with your pet. To bring your pet following documents should be carried upon:
- Health Certificate
- DGFT License
- No Objection Certificate
Apart from these essentials, take care of the following things:
- Always pack ample essential food items for your pet. Also, make sure that you have packed enough water. Your pet should not fall short of food items or water.
- Always carry a carrier for your pet which makes them comfortable to travel.
- Make sure that you should have a stop every 2-3 hours to freshen up your pet. Make time for their play and excretion.
- Practice your pet to travel long distances if you are going to. Train them to comfortably travel the distances.
- Pack their toys and essential things that come into a daily routine for your pet.
- Your pet should be healthy enough to cover the distance you are going to travel. Try not to plan long-distance travel with them.
This is how you can enjoy yourself freely with your family and your pet. Traveling with your pet is quite interesting.