A fashion pageant or a beauty pageant is a competition that focuses traditionally on judging and ranking the physical attributes of the performers. Now most contests have been developed that incorporate not only the physical attribute, but also personality traits, talent, intelligence, and contestant’s ability to answer judges’ questions on various subjects.
Thousands of contests are held annually, but four contests are considered the most prestigious. These four major fashion pageants contests are Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Earth. These are widely covered and broadcast by the media.
The rules of the competition are decided by the organizers of each pageant. The rules may include the age range, marital status of the contestants, and even the contestant to be a virtuous amateur, and available for promotions.
Beauty pageants were given a direct lineage in the medieval era by European festivals. For instance, In the US, there was a tradition of selecting a May Queen to serve as a symbol of bounty, and community ideals continued. Archibald Montgomerie organized a beauty pageant during the Eglinton Tournament of 1839, in Scotland. Entrepreneur Phineas Taylor Barnum organized the first modern American pageant in 1854, but public protest led to the closedown of his contest.
Fashion pageants became more popular in the 1880s. Beauty contests became more respectable through the first modern “Miss America” contest held in 1921.
Four Major Beauty Pageants
Beauty Pageant refers largely to contests for women. There are four major international contests for women namely; Miss World (founded in 1951 by Eric Morley in London, England), Miss Universe (founded in 1952 by William Morris Endeavor in New York City), Miss International (organized by International Culture Association in Tokyo, Japan in 1960), and Miss Earth (founded in Quezon City, Philippines in 2001 by Carousel Production). These are known as the Big Four pageants. Therefore, these are the largest and most famous international pageants for unmarried women.
Though there are many ways to be a model. There are various ways of marketing the models, just to ease the initial path for the models.
Some tips for beginners for Fashion Pageant
Want to be a beauty contestant? But do not know how to? Here is all you need to know to become a beauty queen.
- Selecting the best pageant dress is a very necessary step for beauty contests. The dress should be concerning the color of the contestant, body shape, season, and theme of the contest.
Develop your personality in certain ways. Feel your inner beauty, feed your body properly, be physically fit through embracing yoga practices are some of the ways to develop your personality. One can also grasp personality development courses, now available in every region.
- Learn to be your Makeup artist. This is one of the tips through which you can enhance yourself to be a better fashion/beauty contestant. Consequently, learning your make-up is a way to be flawless beautiful women.
- Wear the dress and accessories according to the occasion, or theme. The outfit should complement your confidence. You should be confident about the wearing and carrying of your dress. This adds up to be a beauty pageant.
- Practice walking on heels. Walking on heels is an art in yourself. It brings confidence to you though it needs some practice. Start practicing now to make yourself comfortable while walking with them on the stage. This will boost up your confidence.
- You should be unique, diplomatic, polite, respectful, intelligent, beautiful, well-rounded, respectful, friendly, talented, articulate, and photogenic to be a perfect beauty contestant. So, these all qualities play an essential role in the life of fashion contestants.
Five things that judges look for in every Fashion Pageant
During an interview, confidence is the most important thing that the judges look for. Your confidence is the major tip or way to find success in your goal in the pageant contest.
Complete answers to the questions
The second thing that the judges look for is the complete answer to the asked question. The answer to the question should contain the answer and why that is is your answer. Hence, this is a valuable opportunity to develop a connection with your judges.
Proper Grammar usage
The judges look for the third thing in the contestants that is aptitude and intelligence. You should use grammar properly, thus show your aptitude and talent through properly initiating nouns, verbs, or grammar.
Content of the answers
Content plays an important role in the selection of the contestant. Not only in the verbal interview but also the written interview, judges look for the content presented by the contestant. Indeed, your content should display your personal qualities, and some area of experience.
One of the most important fields that the judges notice is the physical look. So, your physical appearance with your dress and personality should display the job of the titleholder.
Since Fashion Pageants are competitions based on the sole beauty and outer appearance. Throughout the contest, the woman transforms themselves into what looks like a doll. Fashion/Beauty pageants have a very beautiful impact on women, thus initiating them to live in confidence, enhanced with their talents, intelligence, and inner beauty. This is a platform which gives the woman a chance to live a gorgeous life.
For more such interesting articles, click here.