The lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic made everyone realize the importance of a home. Not only that but, it also taught us how necessary taking care of and cleaning our house is. As it is our home that keeps us safe and guards us against anything and everything. However, not cleaning the house regularly will allow hazardous bacteria and viruses to grow. Moreover, it can also result in many bugs and rodents living and lurking in the dark and unclean corners of our homes.
Therefore, it becomes necessary to maintain a daily routine of cleaning the home. Otherwise, these bacteria and bugs will health hazard as they tend to contaminate the environment they live in. So, we have a quick guide on how to keep your home safe and clean for yourself as well as your family.
The kitchen gravitates everyone. After a long and tiring day, the whole family comes together to cook a meal and enjoy the meal together. Family bonds over meals. However, the kitchen might be the area of your home that works as a magnet for bacteria and viruses. Because a single mistake or negligence can cause health hazards to you and your loved ones. Therefore, to avoid it, take care of these few points.
- Washing the dishes and cutlery before and after you use them is necessary. You should wash all the utensils after every meal and not leave them for later. As, if the dirty dishes will be left in the sink they will develop bacteria.
- After you clean the dirty dishes, do not forget to clean and sanitize your countertop. Keeping a tidy kitchen after every meal makes the environment safe and clean for cooking.
- Dust mites on your bed keep you company all the time. These mites can worsen the air quality and can irritate our mood. Therefore, to get rid of dust mites you can use plastic mattresses and pillow covers with zippers.
- Also do not forget to wash all the linen sheets in hot water at 130⁰F to get rid of dust mites.
- If you have noticed that there is not enough space in your bedroom, you can fill blankets in containers that can fit under your bed. You can change linens under your bed while you can wash your other set.
- From toothpaste and mirror stains on the wet floor will invite a variety of mess and germs too. Thus, it is important to clean up the bathroom daily instead of waiting for a week to get more stains.
- After you use the basin or step out from the bathtub, spray the cleaner all over the surface. Open the tap to wash the cleaner from the surface. Using an essential oil will also keep the room fresh for days.
- Use disinfectants to spray on the surfaces to kill mold and fungus.
- The living room is the area which has the most traffic in the house. If you do not pay attention to its cleanliness, then it can easily become dirty. So, regularly clean the clutter present in the room such as books, toys, frames, etc.
- Specifically, if you have pets in your house, then do not forget to vacuum floors and couches.
- To keep your living area clean, you can use a shoe rack or some hidden storage, in which you can organize your books, toys, etc. however, do not forget to clean and sanitize them.
Understanding how to clean your house is just like a mystery. However, during the pandemic, keeping your living area clean and safe is the foremost thing to do. Therefore, with spending a little time and effort, you can clean all the dirt. Also, do not forget to clean your house daily, as cleaning daily is easier than cleaning weekly.
For more articles, Click here.