You all would be familiar with the social media world. In today’s scenario, everyone is using social media. It is been with us for two decades. In 1997, the first social media channel was created. At that time social media allows users to send messages and post bulletin board pieces only. A lot has changed since then.
New additions become instantly popular on social media. Moreover, social media had also become the backbone of marketing. It is really hard to imagine any marketing campaign without the involvement of social media handles.
When it comes to Social Media, there are pros and cons as well. Several companies doubt the power of social media because they do not find it quantifiable. So it has become important to analyze the engagement of social media.
How to measure Social Media Engagement?
One of the reasons why marketers love social media is because they find it an easy tool to work with. Social media platforms are so flexible and time-saving. There are several benefits of paid advertisements on Social media. Social media engagements can be analyzed through the likes, comments, shares, and clicks of the posts or blogs. Simply, engagement in social media measures how effectively and efficiently the audience is involved with your content. The engaged customers show their interactions through likes and social sharing.
Higher engagement rates will define your audience that how much is real and how responsive they are. Your content would have different engagement metrics:
- Likes, Comments, Shares, etc.: Individual engagement metrics to analyze the total number of engagements per content or post. Many social media platforms show an exact number of metrics.
- Post engagement rate means the number of engagements divided by impression or reach. If there is a high rate of post engagement, it means the people find it interesting when they see it.
- Organic Account mention. If anyone is mentioning your account in their social media posts or stories, without promoting, this means that the brand or the account has a good image.
Why is there a need to analyze social media engagement?
Analyzing social media engagement provides essential insights into the value you provide to the audience. This measure may show different results, such as low engagement, high engagement, passive engagement, and active engagement.
If the metrics rate is quite low, it means you are not delivering your full potential to the content. And, if it continues, you will start losing your audience.
If the metrics rate is high, it means that your audience is sharing your content. It may turn to increase your followers, higher conversation rates, and higher impressions.
Passive engagement involves several engagements that require just a single tap of a button, such as likes and shares. It requires less effort.
Active engagement requires more effort, therefore it is more valuable. It includes comments, shares with comments, sharing in a private message. It states any action that requires thoughtfulness and consideration on social media.
To sum up, if you are analyzing social media engagement, you have to keep the standard metrics to show quality. For instance, 100 likes from a page with 100 followers is considered valuable and high than 100 likes from a page with 10000 followers.
Why is Social Media Engagement important?
Since several platforms have been developed to provide business solutions. There are certain reasons why engagement in social media is important. The following three are the main that lies under the importance of social media engagement:
- Boost Customer Relationship. Social media has developed new ways to cover the gap between the brand and customers. When customers reach out to your brand through social media, you have an opportunity to build a relationship with that customer. By instantly responding to their queries, and giving the best customer service would help you boost customer relationships.
- Boost Sales. If you perfectly boost customer relationships, they will be more willing to purchase through your store due to trust and confidence. This will directly boost your sales.
- Develop Customer Loyalty. Building customer support and loyalty is one of the essential needs for a successful brand. Offering quick support and service to your needed customer will enhance loyalty inside him, thus developing trust.
How to boost engagement?
To boost social media engagement rates, brands can ask directly for your engagement by posting ultra-beautiful photos, and pithy tweets. On the other side, brands can also generate user-friendly content that would increase the audience. Following are some of the ways through which you can increase social media engagement:
- You need to post content that is worthy for the audience. The content must provide incentives, ask questions, invoke expressions, make offers, and most importantly deliver utility.
- For an active engagement, you need to respond to all the public comments that are negative comments by providing solutions. Also, acknowledge the positive comments.
- The quickest way to boost engagement is to organize and run contests and giveaways. This will directly increase the participation of the audience, thus increasing engagement on your social media.
- You need to post the content consistently daily. Three to four posts per day is good for consistency, but more than this may result in people un-following.
- Try to build fun and interesting content to interact with enjoyable and active participants.
Every brand and network should have an active and high engagement of people. This can be measured through various ways stated above. Also, the ways to increase active audience work effectively and is important in today’s modern society.
For more such content, click here.