We know how important it is for celebrities to be in a good shape. It may be because of the demand for a certain role in a movie or even societal pressure to look perfect. Celebrities always have a workout and a diet plan fixed in their daily routine. They meet any extents to fulfill the expectations of the people including extreme diets.
While the focus on fitness is increasing every day, we see the variety of diet charts and workout plans that are available. For so many people, diets are all about losing weight. So, even celebrities follow some extreme diets that make them lose their inches quickly. However, these diets are not often healthy.
Here are some of the celebrities who went with such strange diets to get in shape.
Celebrities with some Bizarre Diets
- Nicole Kidman – She went on harsh diets after her childbirth. Her diet consisted of only eggs. There was one hard-boiled egg for breakfast, one for lunch, and two for dinner. Since the diet was extremely unhealthy and lacked nutrition. She lost a huge amount of weight.
- Tom Hanks – For the role in “Cast Away”, he had to lose 55 pounds throughout the movie. His diet mainly included crabs, coconuts, and coconut milk. Whenever he felt hungry, he ate vegetables and fruits between the meals. Drinking plenty of water was a must. While the diet is so intense, two hours of the daily workout was still required.
- Beyonce – To lose another 15 pounds for her role in “Dreamgirls”, Beyoncé refused to eat hard food. She only drank lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup for two weeks. Sometimes, she added fresh vegetables to the top of them. She lost a lot of weight but admitted to never doing this diet again.
- Christian Bale – He lost 63 pounds for his role in “The Machinist”. He got extremely thin. To get this result, he stopped intaking food in general and did not do weight lifting. His diet mostly consisted of a can of tuna and an apple. The consequence of this kind of diet can be seen in the movie.
- Anne Hathaway – She consumed a diet with no more than 500 kcal energy inputs every day. When she was preparing for her role in “Les Misérables”, she just ate two helpings of dry oatmeal, radishes, and some hummus.
- Natalie Portman – She lost 20 lbs. to look like a professional ballerina in “The Black Swan”. Her diet only had half a grapefruit, a carrot, and some almonds. Not only this but also, she was required to practice dance for 5 hours a day including swimming and also workout.
When we look at such diets followed by so many other celebrities as well, we wonder if it is worth harming our body. Now, since we have read about how these diets lacked nutrition important for the body. We can also estimate the effects that these improper diets cause to us.
Impacts of Extreme Diets
Extreme diets can make you lose weight very quickly, but they have some everlasting impacts on your body. These effects are not positive as you think. While there are not any shortcuts to having a beautiful and fit body, have a look at some of the repercussions of extreme diets:
- Reduced Metabolism – An extreme diet causes a calorie deficit in the body. It leads to a slowing of the natural metabolism. Therefore, you may not have the energy to perform the daily tasks as you used to. Thus, leaving you a weak and un-toned muscle. Imagine the celebrities all tired after the workout they have to complete.
- Dehydration – The first source of energy that is glycogen burns initially. The intake of low-calorie diets may lead to dehydration. Since glycogen in form of carbohydrates stored in the liver and muscles is water. And hence, we have seen celebrities talking about the importance of drinking as much water as possible.
- Blood Pressure Problems – Extreme dieting deprives the body of potassium. Even the lack of salt in diet in any form causes sodium depletion in the body. Hence, problems or variations in blood pressure start occurring.
- Trouble in Digestion – Digestive issues like constipation, indigestion, bloating can happen. It is due to a lack of a properly balanced diet. It can even lead to the formation of gallstones and a reduction in good cholesterol levels.
- Osteoporosis – Lack of calcium intake during our crash diets will have a serious impact on our body. Low calcium levels will make the bones weak and fragile.
- Variation in Sugar Levels – Since you can probably gain all the weight back once you stop the extreme diet. You may likely start having problems with the insulin level in your body.
- Deteriorated Mental Health – These diets not only physically impact you but also mentally. The pressure and resistance of not being able to eat food properly become very difficult to handle. We have heard celebrities telling how challenging it is to do an extreme diet.
Many celebrities have also spoken about the psychological issues they faced while dieting. Once Kate Winslet acknowledged that during her efforts to lose weight. It became the primary focus, which was later turned into an addiction. Even Molly Sims accepted that she used to starve herself and walked 14 miles in order to become the zero size.
With celebrities having an instant change in look because of their diets. Their fans or people in general start wondering about the food celebrities eat. Moreover, they even start following these crash diets that may not be good for them. People do not realize that when any celebrity follows a particular diet, they are under the supervision of professionals. Someone is always looking after their health and the consequences of the diet. Hence, people must understand that following celebrity’s diet may not be a good idea.
In fact, after knowing about the various effects that these diets have. You should think twice before blindly following a diet chart of any celebrity. Also, start appreciating them for all the efforts they put into a certain role. By this, we also realize how much extreme diets are done by celebrities with so much mental pressure to look in a certain way. Read more about celebrity beauty expectations here.
Lastly, stay fit. Eat healthily.