Yoga practice exists to balance not just the physical body but also unites your mind and spirit. It evolves into a very crucial part of our life after a hectic schedule. It is acknowledged to retain a distinct set of health advantages such as improving strength and flexibility. Yoga will give you immense benefits at the psychological level and the physiological level. Other workouts sometimes fail to achieve it. Workouts are different from yoga as workouts contain exercises that make you tired. On the other hand, yoga escapes tiredness. We can recognize that some make serious mistakes before and after yoga practices. These mistakes dilute its effect. Hence it is very important to know what are the right and wrong things to do before and after your yoga practices.
- Sleep early and wake up early. A sound sleep is very much important for your body to practice the physical asanas. It will keep your mind fresh and less distracted. Sleep helps the body and mind get a rest. This will let your body perform asanas more attentively.
- Try to do yoga practice on a considerably empty stomach. If you are practicing yoga in the morning then you should eat light food at night. If in the evening then you should have your lunch for at least three and half hours before your practice.
- Always wear comfortable clothing while you are doing yoga. Preferably, you should wear loose clothes or clothes made up of light materials that are not harsh to your skin.
- Try to take shower before your yoga practice. Showering purifies your body and makes you feel relaxed. This will help you to concentrate on your yoga without any distractions. If not shower then at least cleanse your body with warm water or cold water or wash your face, arms, and feet.
- Practice yoga on a mat or a sheet. And always clean your mat after your asanas.
- Find an accessible place where you can practice without any distractions. If there is no open place, then practice yoga in an open room with sufficient explosion to air from nature. It is very necessary for a clear inhale and exhale.
- Hydrate yourself slowly sip by sip. You can also add cooling elements to your water such as cumin or fennel which will help not only in cooling but also will detoxify your system.
- Go for a brisk walk after you finish your exercise practice. It lets your body muscles stretch and open your lungs to breathe fully. That is why a brisk walk after yoga lets you feel more relaxed and prepares you for the day.
- Eat nutritious food after your yoga practice. It is very essential to consume nutritious foods that are rich in protein and vitamins. As asanas prepare the metabolism of your body to function suitably, the body consumes the nutritional diet rapidly. Food such as paneer, tofu, nuts, seeds, sprouts. Eat seasonal fruits for supplying micronutrients to your body.
- Do not forget to relax. Take at least 10-15 minutes of rest after you complete your yoga session. It calms your sympathetic nervous system and reduces your anxiety and helps in nervousness relaxation. It resets and resettles your body.
- Do not practice yoga with a full stomach. As practicing it on a full stomach can prompt stomach ache or bloat.
- Do not practice asanas in a closed environment or under direct sunlight. This can be harsh to your body and skin. A non-suitable environment can also be the reason for multiple distractions.
- Avoid tight clothes. It can prevent you from doing certain poses and can furthermore be a barrier to your movements.
- Try to avoid air conditioners or fans while you are practicing asanas.
- Do not take shower immediately after yoga practice. Do not wipe out your sweat. You should let your body sweat naturally.
- Do not drink an abundant amount of water before or after exercise.
- Try to avoid stressful activities mediately after your yoga practice.
- During pregnancy avoid stressful asanas that can overheat you.
Yoga is a way of living!
Because the more control we have in our minds, the more power we get in our life. It possesses the ability to transform your brain. Your one hour of practice will warm your mind. The benefits of such sessions will be amplified if you follow these healthy habits before and after asanas sessions. What you do before and after your yoga session matters a lot as there are specific elements that you should prevent for better outcomes. Know that you follow these aspects systematically which in turn will benefit you enormously. It will highlight your whole day with a positive attribute. As yoga is a bright and positive way of life.