Pregnancy is an interesting and exciting journey for pregnant women but sometimes it became uncomfortable for the expectant mother. The pregnancy causes a woman to feel hotter than normal, and that is the reason there should be perfect guidance for the expectant mother about her pregnancy during summers. In summers, pregnant women go through various challenges, but there are some health tips with which they can feel better and can also maintain their hygiene and health during summers. The Study says that, when a woman is pregnant, her body goes through unique changes to accommodate the baby and some of these changes can cause discomfort to the pregnant mother. Increasing temperatures can worsen the situation.
The discomfort of being pregnant in summer does not become evident until the heat of the season hits expectant mothers in full force. Going through a specific pregnancy diet during summer is one way to handle health. But there are a bunch of other issues that are bound to arise. There are a few tips for expectant mothers in summer that can use to counter the effects of the heat and have a great amount of fun despite the discomfort.
So, useful tips for pregnancy care during summers are as follows:
- Be hydrated: Summer heat tends to cause dehydration so, drink 6 – 8 glasses of water to stay hydrated. Dizziness, nausea, dry lips and mouth, less urine or yellow-colored urine, and overheating due to the hot weather all signal that you are dehydrated. Keeping yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water during pregnancy is very important for both the mother and the baby.
- Healthy meals: In summers include lots of fresh fruits and juice to beat the heat. Avoid very spicy foods.
- Take a bath with cool water: On hot days, the cool water bath makes you feel comfortable and a lot more pleasant.
- Exercise: walking, yoga, and other pregnancy exercises are good for mother and baby. During summer, do exercise in the morning or the evening because at that time the temperature is low. Do it light and limited to your comfort zone.
- Limited outdoor activities during day time: Being outdoors to get some fresh air is too good during pregnancy. It can help to relax and rejuvenate. But, during summer days try to restrict outdoor activities to early morning or evening. Try to avoid going out during the peak hours like 11 am to 5 pm when the sun rays are strongest.
- Taking care of legs: In summer, pregnant women’s legs are easily swollen, so taking care of them is very important.
- Avoid eating salty foods: Salty foods will make lose water quickly and will make thirstier on hot days. So, therefore avoid eating salty foods for better health during summer.
- Clothes and footwear: Try to wear loose cotton clothes in summer. Also, wear comfortable footwear to accommodate the swelling.
- Use sunglasses/ umbrella: Carry an umbrella or wear a broad hat to proper yourself. Buy a good pair of sunglasses and use sunscreen whenever going out for longer periods.
- Stay in air conditioning: Extreme summer can cause exhaustion, dehydration, and general uncomfortableness. Beat the heat, as much as possible, by taking refuge in the air conditioner. But do not stick inside in the air conditioning all day, but taking as many breaks as possible is super important to health and for a growing baby on a hot day.
- Proper rest and sleep: Sleep and rest is a very important factor for mothers. Sleeping helps to eliminate stress. As we know summer makes people more tired, so take time for yourself because rest is very important during pregnancy.
This was 24\7 Labs‘ advice on how to maintain healthy pregnancy during summers. And also to achieve a healthy pregnancy ultimately leading to a healthy baby, proper nutrition should maintain throughout the length of pregnancy. A pregnant mother should be careful to avoid too much or too little weight. A well-balanced diet can achieve the goal of meeting nutrient needs during pregnancy. A balanced diet, regular exercise, and a healthy lifestyle are particularly important during pregnancy.