Cloud computing refers to the servers that stand accused over the internet. In addition, cloud computing is accountable to achieve connection. Moreover, it stores, manages and processes data on remote servers. However, it typically means storing, managing, and accessing the data and programs on the remote servers hosted on the internet instead of a computer hard drive. Furthermore, exists as the on-demand auxiliary of computer system resources, especially for data storage/cloud storage and computing power. Cloud computing maintains three types:
- Public- This type of cloud service is accessible to all.
- Private- These types of cloud services are attainable to a limited organization.
- Hybrid- Public and private cloud services deliver the benefit of hybrid services.
- Community- Cloud services that are accessible by a group of organizations refer to the community cloud service.
Characteristics of cloud computing include:
- It delivers the consumer on-demand self-services.
- Again it provides broad network access that the consumers can utilize from any location using any device.
- Further cloud services provide resource pooling for the users.
- Besides it is accountable for measured services and the users do not have to pay additional for the demand services.
- Rapid elasticity and scalability with easy maintenance is also a significant strategy in it.
- Again cloud services also contribute considerable security.
Grid computing utilizes a network or group of computers for making computer resources like supercomputers. Again, is moreover responsible to perform large or complex operations and tasks over it. In addition, pristine computing powers of multiple computers are adopted to execute complex problems by utilizing grid computing. Hence, we can interpret that grid computing is identical to distributed computing whereas the only difference is that computers in grid computing retain no connection. For example, a geographic discrete system is then utilized in grid computing. Grid computing consists of these types:
- Data grid- It enables to deal, exploit, publish and discover stored masses of data.
- Collaborative grid- It combines multiple data resources.
- Network grid- It multiplies the productivity and fault leniency of a particular network of a given system.
- Utility grid- It provides a service to handle data and calculate cycles. Again, it even provides services to the software it includes.
- Service grid- It provides a collaborative service to grid connection and web-related applications involved in grid services.
- Information grid- It stands primarily for business apps to provide crucial services.
Characteristics of the grid services include:
- It coordinates resources that are not subordinated to a central authority.
- Besides it uses open, standard protocols and interfaces.
- Also, it provides not trivial qualities of services.
Difference between cloud computing and grid computing
|First of all, cloud computing is typically a client-server (users) architecture.
||In particular, grid computing interprets the distributed computing architecture.
|Secondly, the basis of this type of service is executed through the Internet.
||However, the basis of grid computing is the network.
|Thirdly, computing is a centralized process. Even every service such as the client requesting a service, procuring the service, storing, and other services stands committed on the server.
||Nevertheless, it performs centralized computing because it incorporates multiple computers and each computer contains different resources within a network.
|Then it contains centralized resources as the server decides the service for the clients.
||But it solves the problems collaboratively.
|Particularly it operates on a pay-per-use basis.
||But here, the client or user does not have to pay for their use.
|Specifically, on cloud computing, there are limited restrictions, and is more flexible for the users.
||In contrast to cloud computing, grid computing consists of multiple restrictions.
|In addition it is highly scalable.
||But it is moderately scalable.
|Finally computing accessibility is competent through web protocol.
||Whereas users need to install grid middleware to utilize the services.
Cloud computing as an incredible competitor to grid computing
Although grid computing is accountable for the rapid completion of work as it provides translucent accessibility to resources that results in expanding user productivity. However, multiple service providers along with Difm.tech choose to access cloud computing these days. Additionally, the most substantial credit of cloud computing is that users can generally access it from everywhere and at any time. While due to its nonintervention of any third-party category with reduced IT cost likewise it is highly preferred. Moreover, it stands less costly as then there stands no need of purchasing or maintaining hardware. Furthermore, cloud computing contributes flexibility that permits the users to scale up whenever there is traffic on the website or scale down depending on the traffic. Overall, cloud computing is a portable and productive service required in this generation.